Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ultimate Blondies

In my simple little world, blondies are the ultimate dessert.  They are a salty & sweet combination of brown sugar and butter with tantalizing mix-ins like vanilla, walnuts, chocolate and butterscotch.  You can customize your blondies just about anyway you like or with whatever you have on hand, but the chocolate/ butterscotch combo is my favorite.  I'll take these any day of the week over plain ol' brownies or chocolate chip cookies. 

Besides tasting absolutely incredible, blondies are also my ultimate dessert because I typically have everything on hand to make them.  There's nothing fancy in there, but somehow the combination is magical.  Seriously, they're so good that I've been known to eat these for breakfast... OK, I had them for breakfast this morning, but you're not judging, right?

Here's the recipe...

1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c butterscotch baking chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.  
  2. In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts.  Set aside.
  3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter.  Remove pan from heat and stir in brown sugar.  Allow to cool slightly and then quickly beat in the egg and vanilla.  Add flour mixture, a little at a time until fully incorporated.  
  4. Pour into pan and sprinkle with chips.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  I stick to the low end of the baking time because I prefer mine slightly undercooked.  It makes them more "brownie like" in their texture.
Source: Allrecipes.com
Printable Version

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...