Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chocolate Cake Batter Cocoa Krispies Treats with a Mochaccino Variation

If you're like I was last week, you're wondering what Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats are.  They sound a little funny, but perhaps they've made you just a little curious.  After all, Rice Krispy Treats bring back childhood memories of time spent with mom or grandma whipping up a special ooey gooey treat that yields instant gratification.
 

When I saw a link to this recipe for Birthday Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats on the Sugar and Dots What I Whipped Up Wednesday Blog Party, I had to see what they were!  Jade's tutorial is awesome so be sure to check her blog out as well as the super fun Blog Party at Sugar and Dots.  I found all kinds of neato ideas there to try!

I tried Jade's recipe last week and loved it, but alas we are a chocolate family so I set out to make a choco version of the delectable snack.  I used Cocoa Krispies and chocolate butter recipe cake mix.  Hmmm...if only I could think of a way to use up the rest of those Cocoa Krispies... Nom nom nom...

For a mochaccino twist, a few drops of liquid coffee flavoring really adds a nice coffee punch and enhances the Cocoa Krispies' overall chocolaty goodness.

Sprinkles are totally optional, but so much fun!  I plan on making both versions of these for the kiddo's upcoming birthday party!

I hope you enjoy these as much as we have!

Recipe
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
1 bag large marshmallows (approx. 40) or 4 c mini marshmallows
1/2 c chocolate cake mix
a few drops coffee flavoring
6 c Cocoa Krispies
sprinkles
  1. Heat butter and marshmallows over medium heat until smooth.  Remove from  heat and stir in cake mix and optional flavoring.  Once smooth, mix in cereal.
  2. Pat into greased 9x13 cake pan.  If you spray the bottom of a measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray, you can use that to pat them down without the treats sticking.
  3. Sprinkle with jimmies and cool. 
Adapted from:  Birthday Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats

Linked to:
What's On Your Plate? (Wednesday) 
Gooseberry Patch Recipe Round Up
What's On the Menu Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. i'll need to try these. we have a cocoa krispie lover in our family. in fact we have lots of chocolate lovers in our family. thanks for creating and sharing your recipe variation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my this is new to me but look so good I will have to give it a try come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I hope your chocoholic family members like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture looks so good, i could almost eat it! stop it, your going to have me up out of this chair cooking dessert treats! LOL! CrazyCasey (lol) checking in, reporting for duty for the Alexa Drop Hop on A Measuring Flower's Alexa hop! Please stop by & visit me too, my blog is Locomotion of Expressions. I have 19 LOW ENTRY giveaways (on my right sidebar in my archives) for A Wild Soccer Bunch, Vedette, {eter Rabbit Organics, FreckleBox, Boon, TieBuddies, Advertising (6 mo on my blog), KidStrong healthy hydration drinks, PiggyToes Press (kid's) William & Kate book, Top Trainers DVD set, Perfect Energy supplements, Canvases, PowerCapes, HairMAX Set, Evora + probiotics, Monkey Butt, Certain Dri, and StopPain .. *phew* (LOL!) I just realized how much that is. Ha! Anyways, try your luck, you never know you might win. Also, I do have a linky that changes the first wed of every month.
    http://1caseycolette.blogspot.com/2011/06/wicked-wednesday-gathering-linky.html

    If you want to add it's button (the grab me for it is above the actual linky list itself..) or link to a linky list (If you have a linky compilation, I mean!) OR if you want to add some giveaways of your own to it.
    Sorry this is such a long ramble! (If your still with me) Thanks for the time and consideration. Most importantly, try to comment back. See ya sooner & later in the great big blogosphere! Thanks again! ~XO~ CaseyColette
    Oh yeah, and new gfc follower GKBCCB ! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey There! Yay!! I am so glad you were able to use my recipe for inspiration!! All I can say is, Ohhh myyy!! I bet a chocolate version is beyond fantastic! I'll have to try your version next time for sure! {hmmm, I wonder about a Red Velvet version, too - my wheels are turning!!} Thanks for the shout-out! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)
    Jade @ Sweet Baby {Mason} James

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...