Friday, March 30, 2012

Egg and Sausage Breakfast Muffins 2 Pts+ !!

These are an answer to my dieting prayers!  I found these on Nutmeg Notebook.  She has tons of healthy, Weight Watchers recipes so be sure to visit her site.

I fiddled around with the recipe to keep the points at only 2 which makes these not only a fabulous breakfast, but also a great snack item!  I am thrilled that I can eat 2 of these for breakfast and still have a piece of toast or some yogurt or I can have one of these for a quick pick-me-up in the afternoon.

I opted to leave part of the eggs in the recipe because eggs are an incredibly healthy food, filled with protein and nutrients that you can't find other places.  They also help me stay fuller longer and that is super important when you're dieting!

Customize this recipe however you choose.  Add whatever veggies you like and leave out the ones you don't.  Use all eggs or all egg substitute.  Add cheese.  Mmm...  Don't leave out the Baking Mix though as it gives these guys a little heft and makes them sort of quiche like.

I plan to refrigerate the leftovers and have them throughout the week.  I love the idea of prepping/cooking/cleaning once, yet stuffing my mouth for days with eggy, meaty deliciousness. 


Recipe
5 eggs (I use Eggland's Best)
3/4 c egg substitute (or 3 more eggs)
2/3 package Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
1/4 c bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 c onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 c spinach, chopped
3/4 c Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix
1/2 c 1% milk
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 12 cup muffin pan liberally with cooking spray.
2.  Combine ingredients until well mixed and pour into muffin pans. 
3.  Bake 20-25 or until cooked through.  Mine were done in 20 minutes.
4.  Remove from and run a knife around the edge to help loosen muffins.
Photobucket


3 comments:

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...