Monday, October 31, 2011

Baked Ravioli (aka, Lazy Day Lasagna)

How would you like to be able to assemble a delicious "lasagna" in 5-15 minutes?  This super easy Baked Ravioli Casserole mimics a lasagna with layers of sauce, ricotta filled pasta and cheese but takes almost no time to make.  I think of it as a Lazy Day Lasagna.  ;)  It's good enough to impress guests without having to dirty a lot of dishes or spend much time in the kitchen.  Even if you're normally a disaster in the kitchen, you could pull off this dish!
Baked Ravioli is a quick way to make lasagna.

I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website, but added meat and a jar of pizza sauce to add more substance.    The extra sauce also helps it to reheat nicely without drying out.  Adding sauteed veggies to the sauce would be a great way to sneak in a few veggies into your family's diet and give the casserole more of a homemade taste.  I'll definitely be trying that soon!


We've made this twice now and both times it's been a hit.  I can't wait to make it for company or the next church potluck.  I also have a crock pot version here.


Recipe
1 lb ground beef
1 jar (26-28 oz) pasta sauce (I like Prego)
1 small jar pizza sauce
1 25 oz bag frozen cheese ravioli
2 c shredded mozzarella (I used a little less)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray.
2.  Brown and drain ground beef.  Pour enough sauce into the bottom of the dish to lightly cover it (about 3/4 cup).  Pour remaining sauce into cooked beef.  Layer half of ravioli in dish followed by half of the sauce and half of the cheese.  Repeat layers ending with cheese.
3.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.  Remove foil and bake and additional 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and hot in the center. 


Source: Adapted from Betty Crocker
Printable Recipe
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hopped on over from the VB Christian Moms blog hop. Love the recipes. This one sounds like it would appeal to my youngest who loves ravioli but doesn't much care for lasagna. We'll have to add it to the recipe box. Love the look of your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make your crock pot version all the time! Now I;ll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower :)
    That looks so yummy! I'll have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might try this.. looks yummy :)
    I am passing the Sunshine Award to you, because I really enjoy your blog and thought that you should be a recipient!
    http://sahmcity.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunshine-award.html

    Have an awesome day!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...