Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chicken and Sour Cream Gravy

I was really skeptical about this recipe.  It was one of those that I was afraid was going have us making an emergency pizza run, but there was something about it that made me go for it anyway.  I know, I'm a wild woman.  : P

You know what?  It turned out pretty stinkin' well!  Even though I used lighter ingredients for the gravy it still tasted rich and creamy.  I served it with creamed potatoes so none of that velvety gravy would go to waste.  It also made fabulous leftovers.

One "warning" because I have this horrible fear of someone not understanding this recipe and putting frozen onion rings on top of this, these are the onion rings that you need to look for in the grocery store. -->


I hope you all enjoy this true comfort food recipe!  =)

Recipe
Ingredients: 
4-6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt
Pepper
Paprika
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 (10.75 oz) Can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
1 c (8 oz) Light sour cream
3/4 c Crispy onion rings (the kind in the can like French's)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Season both sides with salt and pepper and plenty of paprika.   Place in dish and drizzle lightly with olive oil.  Bake 40 minutes.
  3. Remove from oven and take chicken out of dish and set aside.  Add sour cream and cream of mushroom soup to pan drippings.  Mix well and return chicken to pan.  Spoon gravy over each breast.  Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of onion rings.  Bake 20 more minutes.
  4. Serve with creamed potatoes or rice to use with the extra gravy. 

    13 comments:

    1. Ok, no I KNOW I can do that :) My kids love French's onions (yeah, even I knew what you meant lol). I need a recipe folder... I wish my printer worked...boooo)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Looks so tasty, Thanks for following.
      I am following back.
      http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. This looks yummy, glad it wasn't a night like my last Monday! :D Thank you for following.... I am know following back!

      ReplyDelete
    4. That looks fantastic! Going to have to try this! :)
      New follower! Thanks for stoping by Praisesofawifeandmommy.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. mmmm ... that sounds so yummy ... and super easy!
      Thanks for stopping by my site! I'm returning the follow! Be sure to pop back in again for another Mom-ME Moment. You never know what tomorrow will be!
      Ro :)
      http://www.MommyMindSpa.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. That looks yummy, creamy and delicious to me. Just my kind of dinner! Come on over to our blog today and check out our recipe for Chilled Cantaloupe Soup. Make a comment and the Fairy Hobmother might pay you a surprise visit!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Jennifer,
      What a wonderful comfort recipe. I can almost taste this and will be trying it very soon. I am your newest follower! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back real soon.
      Hope you have a great week end!
      Miz Helen

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thank you all for the comments! =)

      ReplyDelete
    9. This sounds really good, and I think I have all the ingredients in the pantry to make it!

      Thanks for sharing at What's Cooking Thursdays!

      www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    10. I just made this and it was Fantastic!!!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Thanks for coming back and posting your results Danielle!

      Thanks for hosting What's Cooking Thursday Keli!

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...