Friday, October 4, 2013

Quick Stovetop Pumpkin Butter

Quick stovetop pumpkin butter tastes like fall.
One of my favorite things about fall is that it is finally socially acceptable to stuff my face with pumpkin.  I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin whoopie pies, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cake and pumpkin cookies!  However, they have too many calories to eat every day unless you like having the waistline of a pumpkin.

Thankfully, pumpkin butter comes to the rescue and gives me my pumpkin fix.  It's thick, spicy, sweet and tastes amazing on toast, biscuits and cornbread.  I simmered this on the stove while I cleaned my kitchen one night and just gave it stir every few minutes. 

You can put these in pretty jars to give as gifts or freeze small batches to hoard away for yourself.  I won't judge you.  ;)

Ingredients
Adapted from: AllRecipes.com
1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin puree
1 1/4 c apple juice or cider
1 1/2 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan, adding more apple juice if needed.  Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.  Simmer 30 minutes or until desired thickness.  Stir it frequently to prevent burning.  Store in refrigerator or freezer.

Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...