Monday, May 2, 2011

Cocktail Meatballs- A Huge Time Saver!

This is one of those super simple recipes to keep in your arsenal for potlucks, dinner parties and times you need a kid friendly meat dish.  You only need 4 ingredients and a slow cooker.   They are so fast and easy to make that I often make them for potlucks when I know I'm going to be too busy to really cook something. 

Another time saving tip for this recipe is to make double what your family will eat and freeze the leftovers in the sauce for dinner another night.  I love anything that I can cook once and eat twice. 

The ingredients sound weird- jelly and chili sauce, but trust me, they work.  You can use any kind of jelly you have in your fridge.  I like grape, but my mom uses apple.  Orange marmalade might give it a more unique flavor as well. 

I used all Great Value ingredients except for the mustard.  I prefer the name brand Dijon because it just tastes better and I feel so fancy using it.  .  ;)  Increase the amount of mustard if you want a little more zing.  You'll also want to make sure you get the home style frozen meatballs because the Italian ones combined with the jelly and chili sauce taste all wrong.

Double the recipe for a potluck and you won't be disappointed.  I hope you enjoy these! 

Recipe:
1 small pkg frozen home style meatballs, thawed (I used Great Value)
1 12 oz bottle of chili sauce
3/4 c jelly of choice
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard or more to taste

  1. Mix chili sauce, jelly and mustard in slow cooker.  Add thawed meatballs and stir to coat.
  2. Cook 4 hours on low or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
  3. Serve with rice if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...