Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cheap Scrapbook Paper Pennant

This idea came from the super cute pennants that my sister-in-law made for our niece's first birthday.  Her version  was a little more complicated, but I needed something fast and easy to add a little fun to our Easter decor.

What I came up with cost me a whopping $1.50 because I already had the ribbon and hole punch.  If you already have the scrapbook paper, then it would be free- my favorite price!

All you need for this pennant is scrapbook paper, scissors, cardstock or poster board to make a template, a hole punch and ribbon.  I had 5 large sheets of scrapbook paper and I got 3 triangles from each sheet.

I made my template by folding a piece of cardstock in half width wise.  I used a straight edge to draw a line on the cardstock to make half a triangle.  (The folded edge will be the middle of the triangle.)  Before cutting, I unfolded the paper, visualizing where the other half of the triangle would be.  I eyeballed it to make sure that it was going to be the right width to allow me to make 2 triangles side by side on the scrapbooking paper.  Then I folded the cardstock back and cut down the line through both halves of the paper to make my triangle.

I traced and cut out all of the triangles.  (I got 2 on one side and 1 on the other.)  Then I laid the triangles in a big stack and punched a hole through all of them on both of the top corners.  That way the holes would be in the same spot on each triangle.  I strung them with ribbon and voila!  It took about 45 minutes, but was sooooo easy!


I can't wait to make these for Benjamin's first birthday!  What adorable, cheap decorations!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE This!!! I'd love to do something like this for the girls' birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is LOVELY! I've been wanting to read this post all week and finally got the chance to. So going to do something similar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...