Sunday, May 22, 2011

Parmesan Ranch Chicken

OK, I'll admit it.  I have a thing for ranch dressing, powdered ranch mixes and let's not forget, cool ranch chips.  It's one of my many weaknesses. 

I have heard that there are people out there who hate ranch dressing.   My heart breaks for them...  To never know the joys of a deliciously loaded salad that has been  topped off with ranch dressing and croutons is a sad existence.

This simple, yummy recipes, adapted from AllRecipes.com, creates a moist, flavorful chicken breast with just the right amount of crunch.  You can prep your chicken in the amount of time it takes for the oven to heat up, so it is perfect for a busy week night. 

I mix powdered ranch dressing mix into the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, but you could marinate your chicken in bottled dressing and then dip into the crumb/cheese mixture.  I haven't tried it, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Cooking times depend on the size of your chicken breasts, so cut them into halves or strips if you want to speed things along. 

Recipe
4 (4-6 oz) chicken breasts
3/4 c dried bread crumbs
3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 (1 oz) pkg ranch dressing mix
spray butter
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly coat a baking sheet with non stick spray. 
  2. In a shallow bowl mix bread crumbs, cheese and dressing mix.  Spray chicken with butter and dredge in bread crumb mixture.  Place on a cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 35+ minutes or until juices run clear. 
Source: Adapted from AllRecipes.com

1 comment:

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...