Thursday, June 30, 2011

Best Ever Zucchini Bread, I Promise. ;-)

Summer squash is one of my favorite garden veggies.  However, those of you who grow your own know that it seems to all come off of the plant at the same time.  I shared my Summer Squash Casserole Recipe a while back to help you use up the yellow squash, but now I'm going to give you my FAVORITE recipe for zucchini squash!

I love zucchini bread and I've tried a half dozen recipes, but I always end up going back to the recipe that I grew up eating as a kid.  It's sweet, moist and perfectly spiced. I like to make it in mini loaf pans, wrap the loaves in foil and freeze them.  They're also perfect for gifting! 

Enjoy!

Recipe
3 eggs
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c applesauce
3 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c white sugar
3/4 c light brown sugar
3 c flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 c grated zucchini
1 c chopped nuts (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 small loaf pans or 1 large.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla.  In a large bowl, combine sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.  Mix in nuts and zucchini.  
  3. Pour into pans and bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
*Printable Version*

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I had 60+ bags of zucchini last year from our garden. I am always looking for a better recipe.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm following your from VoiceBoks. I love your blog title!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...