Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pick Your Meat Breakfast Casserole

Cheesy, meaty yumminess.
Everyone needs a simple, reliable breakfast casserole to prepare for company, Saturday brunch or just because.  This recipe only has a few ingredients, but plenty of flavor.  You can use whatever kind of breakfasty meat you like.  I am a sausage kind of gal, but the hubs is all about the ham so sometimes I make it half and half.

I like to lighten things up when I can, so I use egg substitute, reduced fat sausage and less than half of the cheese detailed in the recipe.  You won't miss the extra calories!  I haven't had much luck with reduced fat crescent rolls, so I'll leave that gamble up to you.

You can make it your own recipe by adding spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes etc...   Use this as a base recipe to make something extra special and be sure to share your ideas!

This can just nearly be assembled in the amount of time it takes for your oven to preheat!  I *heart* recipes like that.

To make a simple fruit salad to go with your breakfast casserole, combine your favorite fresh fruits and a container of lemon or vanilla yogurt.  Everyone will be asking you what you put in your "dressing."  Hehehe...

Enjoy!

Recipe
1 package refrigerated crescent roll dough
12 oz reduced fat sausage, ham or bacon
2 1/2 c egg substitute (like Egg Beaters) or 8-10 eggs
1/4 c milk
1 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 c monterrey jack/ cheddar cheese blend
  1. Cook sausage or bacon and crumble.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
  3. Unroll crust and press into dish.  Press all of the seams together.  Spread meat over crust and sprinkle with cheese. Combine egg substitute, milk and oregano and pour over casserole.
  4. Bake 25- 30 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: Adapted from AllRecipes 
Linked to:
Thoughtful Thursday

*Printable Version*

8 comments:

  1. Cool idea. I'll have to try it. I love to cook and share recipes. Thanks for posting this. I also have a blog with some fun recipes and ideas if you want to take a look please do so at www.thebestsimplelife.com I usually like the fast & easy recipes :) Thanks again for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thanks for stopping bye following you back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thanks for stopping in and vising my blog today and linking up in the Friendly Wednesday Blog hop. I appreciate it.
    I'm off to look around your blog and I'm following you now! xoxo SusieQTpies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!

    Stumbled upon your lovely blog and following it. You may also visit Olah Momma! (http://olahmomma.com), or add your website and deals (coupons/giveaways), and meet more moms at Momma's Lounge (http://olahmomma.com/momlounge).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a food blog also and love finding other food blogs! New follower from bloggy moms, have a great day! I will go over and like your facebook page also, you can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dishes look super yummy. I'll have to try it out and let you know. I blog a little bit about everything. I have been sharing my GF dishes. Feel free to check me out at http://polyhobbymommy.com

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! Glad I found you. I'll be back for more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the comments. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...