Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pizza Carbonara

By now y'all know we LOVE pizza at our house.    It's such a quick and inexpensive way to feed the family and make everybody happy.  Even baby boy loves his pizza.

Pizza is also a great way to sneak leftovers past your family without them knowing that they're eating last night's dinner again.  ;)  This pizza came about when I was looking for a way to use up leftover grilled chicken.  Whenever we grill I always throw on a few extra chicken breasts because I love the boost of flavor that grilled chicken gives to our regular recipes. 

I did a quick search of my AllRecipes.com recipe box for chicken pizzas and found this little jewel. OK, so it is a very loose interpretation of carbonara to say the least, but I it is still de-licious! I used my Perfect Pizza Crust and Garlicky White Sauce instead of what was used in the recipe I found.  I love both of these so if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Because the Garlicky White Sauce is so rich, I only used 1 cup of mozzarella on top.  You and your thighs won't miss the extra cheese, I promise. And yes, this is another recipe with bacon.  Bacon is my secret weapon, but you didn't hear that from me.  : P

For added color, try sprinkling fresh parsley and chopped tomatoes on top.  Serve with a fresh green salad to round out this simple meal.

One big plus about this chicken pizza recipes is that all of the ingredients can be prepared a day or two in advance and left in the fridge.  With everything ready, you can assemble this pizza in the amount of time that it takes for the oven to preheat.  Boo-yah!


Enjoy!

Recipe
½ Perfect Pizza Crust Recipe
1 Garlicky White Sauce Recipe
2 grilled chicken breasts, thinly sliced
½ c white onion, thinly sliced
½ c real bacon bits
1 c mozzarella cheese
Optional ingredients: tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, green onions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Spray pizza pan with cooking spray and dust lightly with cornmeal.  Pat dough into pan.
  2. Spread sauce over dough.  Sprinkle with chicken, onion, bacon and any other optional ingredients.  Sprinkle cheese over top.
  3. Bake for 10-14 minutes, watching carefully near the end.  
Source: Adapted from AllRecipes.com


7 comments:

  1. Can I just hire you to make this for me? It looks INCREDIBLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish you lived closer, Jen. That looks amazing. My family would love that... sadly... I can't cook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Come to Arkansas and I'll cook for you both. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina! I'll be back by as I love reading your blog and enjoy the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing another tasty recipe with us. I hope you will come over tomorrow and share more of your delicious recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This looks absolutely amazing! I have been scoping out your blog and drooling over the recipes you post -- everything looks soooo good.

    Let me know (julie.e@hippobargains.com) if you want to do a guest post. Team Hippo would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This looks absolutely amazing! I have been scoping out your blog and drooling over the recipes you post -- everything looks soooo good.

    Let me know (julie.e@hippobargains.com) if you want to do a guest post. Team Hippo would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...