Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies

We love brownies at our house, but we don't make them very often.  Personally, I get tired of eating plain brownies over and over so I set out to find some jazzed up brownies like my Rocky Road Brownies.  I swagged brownie mix recipes the other day and found all kinds of fun recipes that start with a brownie mix.  One I can't wait to try has Milky Way Candy Bars between the layers and another one has peppermint patties.  Yummm!

The Betty Crocker website has a lot of brownie mix recipes, but what really got me salivating was their Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies- a layer of brownie and a layer of sweet peanut butter fluff topped with a decadent, semi-sweet chocolate ganache.  These are so rich that you won't have to worry about eating the whole pan in one night. 

For parties, these would be adorable made in a mini muffin tin with pretty liners. 

Recipe
Brownie Base:
1 pkg brownie mix of choice
    + ingredients called for on package
Make brownies according to package directions for an 8x8 or 9x9 dish.   Cool 1 hour.
To enhance the chocolate flavor even more, I like to use cooled coffee in place of the water.  I lined my dish with foil so I could easily remove the brownies.  I wanted them to be easy to cut, without a lot of mess.

Filling:
1/3 c butter (I used buttery baking sticks with less fat)
1/3 c peanut butter
1 1/3 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp milk
Whip butter, pb and sugar together, adding enough milk to achieve spreadable consistency.  Spread onto cooled brownies.

Topping:
3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp butter
Microwave on high for about 30 seconds, stir and microwave another 30 seconds if needed.  Cool about 10 minutes and spread over filling. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.

Take out of the fridge for about 10 minutes before cutting.

Source: Betty Crocker
Printable Version
Photobucket

2 comments:

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...