Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rocky Rd. Brownies ...Enough Said!

This recipe jumped off of The Country Cook blog on one of those days when I was really craving chocolate.  Go check out her post and blog.  You won't be disappointed. The original recipe is from Cook, Bake, & Decorate, another awesome cooking blog!  Seriously, you'll leave these blogs inspired to cook and bake up a storm!

When I was making this (and tasting it), I kept thinking that it needed more chocolate.  We're more of a dark chocolate family than a milk chocolate one, so I added a cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.  They kind of dissolve into the cake, enhancing the chocolaty deliciousness.  :-)  The other change I made was to use coffee in place of the honey in the brownie ingredients and in place of the milk in the icing.  It really brings out the chocolate flavor.

I will confess that I ate waaaaaaay too many of these.   They stay really moist for days so I just kept going back for me.  Sigh... Richard Simmons, here I come...  : P  I probably won't be making these for just the hubs and I again since they're so addictive, but you better believe I'll be taking these to a summer barbecue!  They're way too good not to share! 
 
Don't forget to check out the original posts listed above!

Recipe- Brownies
Ingredients:
1 c butter, softened
1/2 c cocoa powder
2 Tbsp strong brewed coffee
4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 3/4 flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c chopped pecans
1 c semisweet chocolate chip minis

1 c marshmallows

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
  2. Mix all ingredients except pecans, chocolate chips and marshmallows.  Stir in chocolate chips and pour mixture into pan.  Sprinkle pecans over top and pat down slightly.
  3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted a few inches from the center comes out nearly clean.  Sprinkle marshmallows on brownies an return to oven for 2-3 minutes.  Remove and cool on rack.
Frosting
Ingredients:
4 oz butter, softened
3 c powdered sugar
4 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 Tbsp strong brewed coffee
  1. Whip butter, sugar and cocoa powder together.  Once combined, add vanilla and enough coffee to reach desired consistency.  
  2. Spread on warm brownies.  It will melt into all of the nooks and crannies and help the glue the marshmallows to the brownies.  
Source: Adapted from: Cook Bake & Decorate  and The Country Cook

4 comments:

  1. Those look SOOOOO good. I'm starving for some chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my word! This looks amazing! True words...enough said!

    Following you back! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks quite tasty!

    I am your newest follower, and I would like to invite you to the Follow Us Monday Morning blog hop at Frugality Is Free.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...