Saturday, April 16, 2011

Twiced Baked Potato Bake

I may be ugly, but I have bacon. =)
Potatoes.  Bacon.  Cheese.  Bacon.   Ranch dressing.  Bacon.   Need I say more?  OK, OK, I'll say more.  Bacon. :P.

I've been doing a lot of cooking this weekend as I am trying out recipes for Easter lunch.  This one has been in my AllRecipes recipe box for a while just begging for an excuse for me to make it.  It may not be the prettiest dish, but neither am I.  ;)

To me, this dish (I say dish because I'm sure what the right word is to describe it) is like lazy twice baked potatoes, so you could really vary the ingredients based on what you like to pair with potatoes.  Next time, I plan on adding green onions for color, but green chilies, olives, leeks, barbecue spices, or fresh herbs would all be fun mix ins. The hubs and I definitely enjoyed it the way it is shown here though.

The verdict:  Totally Easter dinner worthy.

Recipe
2 lb red potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 c light ranch dressing
1 c shredded cheese
1/2 c real bacon bits

  1. Lightly spray 9x9 pan with cooking spray.  Put potatoes in dish and toss with olive oil.  Sprinkle seasonings on top and mix again.
  2. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
  3. Remove from oven.  Stir in dressing, cheese and bacon.  Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly
Serves: 4-5
Source:  Adapted from AllRecipes.com 

This recipe is linked to:
Gooseberry Patch Blog Hop 
Big K Little a
This Chick Cooks
Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain

12 comments:

  1. This sounds soooo yummy! I wrote it down and may make today or tomorrow.
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This looks really good! My family would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bacon is my favorite food ever! haha. I can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Bacon and cheese are my favorite! They make everything 10X better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopped over from Gooseberry Patch!
    This sounds delicious! Can't wait to try this recipe!!
    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tina! I'm a new follower of yours too! Your blog looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm literally drooling on my laptop. I'd love it if you'd come link up this, and a few more recipes, to my contest/linky!

    http://www.bigklittlea.com/2011/06/june-concours-dcusine.html

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://ladybehindthecurtain.comJune 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM

    Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with us. I hope you will come over tomorrow and share more of your delicious recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking back on my first party. Please come back over to Cast Party Wednesday and share any new recipes you might have. Thanks, I hope to see you there, ---Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain---
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=31460

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you via Pinterest. This has become a weekly meal in our house. thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...