Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oreo Brownies

So as you can see, I'm on a bit of a brownie kick this week.  There are worse things to be blogging about than brownies.  :P

I do have a legitimate reason...

We hosted our office Christmas party in our home last week and I wanted a few quick desserts.  Bar cookies/brownies are my go to desserts when I want something fast yet sinfully delicious.  They give you the most bang for your buck.

I've seen several Oreo brownie recipes on Pinterest, but they were all from scratch recipes.  While I love cooking from scratch on occasion, sometimes it's nice to have something you can throw together in less than 5 minutes.  For that reason, I went with a mix. 

You could use your favorite recipe instead and add as many or as few oreos as you'd like.  Mix it up and throw in some Chips A'Hoy, Thin Mints, or Nutterbutters.  I don't see how you could go wrong with these!

Recipe
1 box chocolate fudge brownie mix (big enough for a 13x9" pan)
eggs, oil and water called for on package
18-20 Double Stuffed Oreos, roughly chopped

1.  Mix brownies as directed on package.  Stir in half of Oreos.
2.  Spread into pan and bake according to package directions for 13x9" pan.  Halfway through baking time, remove them from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the Oreos over the brownies, lightly pressing them down into the batter.  Continue baking as directed.
3. Remove from oven and cool.
Linked to:

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this looks fantastic! I'm glad you loved the Apple Pie Dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love reading your wonderful blog and want to give you the Liebster Award! To claim your award go to: http://afarmgirlsview.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...