Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ranch Baked Potato Salad.

 
My all time favorite twice baked potatoes have Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix in them so when I found this recipe for Baked Potato Salad from Buns in My Oven, I knew I had to incorporate it. 


I'll admit that I rarely like potato salad or at least the mustard/mayo version, but this bacony, cheesy, oniony potato salad made me rethink the summer bbq staple.  Bacon often has that effect on me...

I kind of eyeballed the amounts, so you can definitely adjust it to taste, using this recipe as a springboard to create your own version.  Mix in any of your favorite baked potato toppings or add some celery for crunch.

Recipe
Adapted from Buns in My Oven
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed into 3/4 - 1" pieces
1/2 c light mayo (not Miracle Whip)
1/2 c light or fat-free sour cream
1/2 pkg Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 -3/4c real bacon bits
1/2 c reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c finely diced red bell pepper
2 green onions, diced
Salt and pepper to taste

1.  Boil potatoes in salted water until tender (about 15-20 minutes).  Drain and cool.
2.  In a small bowl combine mayo, sour cream and ranch dressing mix.  In another bowl toss potatoes, 1/2 cup real bacon bits, cheese, pepper and onions.  Add dressing mix and toss to coat.  Taste and add extra bacon and salt and pepper if needed.  You can add all of the bacon to begin with if you're not concerned about the calories.  ;)

*Note- I prefer to let it sit out for 20 minutes before serving to take the chill off. 

Printable Version
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...