Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christian Mom Blog Hop Favorites

Lately, I've been challenged and encouraged by reading the posts from you ladies in the Christian Moms Blog Hop!  The last few weeks I have been in a bit of a funk, feeling sorry for myself about things that I cannot change instead of embracing the blessings that are.   God has blessed me far beyond anything that I could ever imagine or desire, but I often need to be reminded of that.  I lose sight of the fact that this world is temporary and the only thing I really truly have to have is God.  Everything else is just icing on the cake. ;-)  That's a hard thing for me to remember, but I hope it will get easier as I work to empty my cup of self and fill it with God.

This week I've been studying Abraham and how God promised Abraham great things, but Abraham and Sarah failed to take into account that God could do anything in His time.  They often took matters into their own hands instead, making a complete mess of things.  Their lack of faith and patience not only affected them, but nations of people to come.  I was left wondering how my attitude, actions and words affect others.  It's bad enough if they cause sin in my life, but if they lead to sin in the lives of others, isn't that much worse? 

Anyway, I've been praying super hard this week that God would empty my cup of its ugly, sinful contents like pride and jealousy and fill it with love, compassion and purity.  I don't think it's a coincidence that I came across these blog posts from some of our Moms in the hop. If you're struggling with some of these same things, I hope you'll read these posts and be inspired.*

A Borrowed Bed @ Beck Far From Home - I loved the way that Beck bore her soul in the midst of a painful situation.  We've all felt this way at some point.

Preparing for Life's Big Events Through Prayer: Day 1 a Place of Rest @ Jesus and My Orange Juice -  This reminded me to stop carrying my burdens and find rest in God.

Looking Back @ Oh That Mom Again- Kelly reminded me that difficult times are best met with prayer.  Pray before they happen, when they happen and after they happen.

I hope you'll be encouraged by one of these posts the way that I was.  Becky Jane and I would love to have you link up a new blog post.  Next week, I'm going to be looking for posts on parenting like this AWESOME post from Amber at Calling Her Blessed, 101 Ways to Raise Faithful Children.

Have a blessed day!







*I enjoy reading many of these blogs, but listing them here isn't necessarily an endorsement of their views of doctrinal issues. For a listing of the blogs that I do support in this manner, visit the R16:16 Blog Directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...