Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You'll Ever Need- Chocolate Island Cookies

I've always liked chocolate, but it wasn't until I married my husband that I learned to be a true  chocoholic.  Apparently, he...ummm... "needs" chocolate to facilitate drinking his daily requirement of milk so the man starts and ends most days with chocolate.  Whatever works for you, bud. ;)

Personally, I love desserts of just about any kind, but will end up eating the entire dessert myself if it does not have chocolate in it.  Sooo... fast forward through nearly 11 years of making and eating chocolate desserts, chocolate muffins, chocolate chip pancakes, chocolate chip waffles and chocolate covered fruit, I've become a bit of an admirer addict myself.  ;)

This cookie is the only true chocolate chip cookie recipe that I will ever use again.  I stumbled across it in Nestle Tollhouse cookbook 8 or so years ago and have never looked back.  It is half cookie dough and half chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.  You get all of the flavors in EVERY bite.  Even people who don't like coconut love these, so don't be tempted to leave it out.

Using butter is important as it gives your cookie that crispy outside and chewy inside.  I'm not much of a fan of "fluffy" cake-like chocolate chip cookies, but if you prefer them that way, you might try using crisco in place of part of the butter.  Also, I like to use salted butter because I LOVE slightly salty chocolate chip cookies.  Mmmmm....

These are extremely addictive...you have been warned.  =)

Recipe
1 2/3 c all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c butter, softened
3/4 c brown sugar, packed
3/4 white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 (11 1/2 oz) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c flaked coconut
3/4 c chopped pecans

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.  Set aside.
  3. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.  Add vanilla and egg until blended.  Gradually add flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
  4. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets.  Bake 8-11 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
Source:  NestleTollhouse Recipes

Linked to:
This Week's Cravings on Mom's Crazy Cooking

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe!! I use it all the time. Butter really does make these cookies. I use real butter in everything!! One of my friends told me that she would rather use someting natural like butter rather than margarine.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...