Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fabulous Steak Marinade

Someone once told me that a properly seasoned steak doesn't need steak sauce.  I thought they were just being smug.  Well, I did until I tried this super simple marinade.  It flavored our steak beautifully and needed no extra sauces, salt or pepper.  It was steakhouse perfection and this is coming from a girl who loves her A1.  

When I saw that this marinade was called "Best Steak Marinade in Existence", I had to try it.  Unfortunately, I can't comment on whether or not it was the best since unlike the author of this recipe, I have not tried every steak marinade in existence, but it was pretty tasty.  : P

Enjoy!

Recipe
1/3 c soy sauce
1/2 c olive oil
1/3 c lemon juice
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp dried Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp ground pepper
a pinch of cayenne

Mix all ingredients in a resealable bag and add 6-8 medium sized steaks.  Squeeze out air and seal bag. Refrigerate up to 8 hours- the longer the better!  Grill as desired.

Source: AllRecipes.com

Linked to:



What's Cooking Wednesday 
Full Plate Thursday 
This Chick Cooks Link Party 
Gooseberry Patch Recipe Round Up

5 comments:

  1. Brandon doesn't make his steaks like that, but his are non-A1 needed as well. that sounds really good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use A1. So, I think I will have to try this out!!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all. I'm a diehard A-1 girl, but this was flavorful without it and tender to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try this. My son and I are both diehard A1 fans. hubby loves marinades so we'll see what he thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sure looks like a great steak! The marinade is a great combination of flavor and I will be trying it. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...