Sunday, October 9, 2011

Snickers Brownies!

Recently, I took the plunge and joined Pinterest.  I try not to spend much time on there, but you know how that goes.  Anyways, I came across this recipe for Twix Caramel Brownies at Two Peas and Their Pod.  The brownies looked incredible.  I highly recommend that you check out their original version here.

Being the "rebel" that I am, I decided to make a Snickers version.  Seriously, how could you go wrong with Snickers????  I followed the original recipe, substituting Snickers for the Twix and adding chopped, lightly salted peanuts to the top.  I used "light" butter.  Somehow I rationalized that it would make this sugar/egg/candy bar mixture "healthier."  :P Unfortunately, I think it made the brownies a little dry.  Next time, I'm going for the real butter.  Afterall, they're brownies, not broccoli.  Respect the butter.


Substitute your favorite candy or mix it up and throw in a variety of candy bars to see what you can come up with.  It's a great way to use up that extra Halloween/Christmas/Valentine's/Arbor Day Candy that you couldn't resist buying on post holiday clearance.

In a hurry?  You could definitely use your favorite brownie mix as well and just swirl the caramel and peanuts onto the top.

Enjoy!

Recipe
1 c (2 sticks) butter
2 c granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs
3/4 c cocoa
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c chopped Snickers candy bars
1/3 c caramel ice cream topping
1/3 c chopped, lightly salted peanuts
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
  2. Melt butter in a large pan.  Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Stir in cocoa powder.  Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and add to wet ingredients.  Add candy bars.
  3. Pour into dish.  Drizzle caramel over top.  Swirl to mix into batter.  Sprinkle with peanuts and bake for 35-40 minutes.  I think I will check them even earlier next time.  Brownies taste the best when they're slightly undercooked. 
Linked to:
    Photobucket

    4 comments:

    1. Yummmyyy!!! Wow. Wish I had some.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh wow sounds wonderful, I was looking for a dessert for this weekend...I think I found it! Thanks for sharing :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh and I always spend waaayy too much time on Pinterest! lol

      ReplyDelete
    4. wow thoughs look amazing and thanks for your cute button love it

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...