Friday, April 1, 2011

About


I'm just a simple girl who is southern by marriage and the proud mommy of the most beautiful little boy EVER.  My life revolves around being the best Christian wife, mom, daughter and friend that I can be.  As my blog theme suggests, I believe we are to do our best to imitate Christ, to live a life that is an offering to God.  Each day is hopefully a step in the right direction.

I love to cook, craft and work on DIY projects.  We recently moved from a an itty bitty house to a very big house that we rescued from foreclosure.  To say that it is a bit of a fixer upper would be a gianormous understatement.  However, it has rekindled the DIY woman in me that died away after our last house was finished.  It led me to reading blog after blog of DIY and creating a never ending list of projects to try and the information to do it.  My budget is slim, but thanks to the blogosphere that is no longer a problem!

The birth of my first child and my change from working full time to staying home most of the time has also given me time to pursue my other passion- cooking.  It's been a challenge trying to find healthy, affordable meals that all 3 of us enjoy, but it has allowed me to start trying new things again.  Seeing faces light up with food that I have prepared is one of my favorite feelings.

I love this chapter in my life more than another that I lived as I feel like I am finally doing what I was meant to do- be a mom.  I look forward to blogging and sharing with you and hopefully making some new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...