Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easy Apple Cranberry Salad {4 Points +}


Don't you love super simple recipes that make people think you worked a lot harder than you actually did?  Every time I make this, I get asked about what all I put in the "sauce".  People (i.e. the hubs) who don't typically like yogurt are always surprised that the yummy sauce is just a container of yogurt.
 
This is an easy to throw together recipe to go with along with breakfast egg muffins, breakfast casserole or cinnamon roll breakfast bake.  It's also a beautiful side for a potluck or holiday meal.  

You can easily double it and trade out the yogurt and fruit for whatever your family prefers. 

Recipe
Adapted from: AllRecipes
1 red apple, cored and chopped
1 green apple, cored and chopped
1/2 c canned peaches (packed in juice), drained and chopped
1/3 c walnut pieces
1/3 c dried cranberries
6 oz light lemon or vanilla yogurt

Combine all ingredients and serve immediately or chill.  This is best made the same day you plan on serving it.  If you make it the day before, the juices can make the yogurt "soupy". 

Serves: 5

Nutritional Mumbo Jumbo: Calories: 136  Fat: 5.9  Sat. Fat:  .5  Carbs:  22.6   Fiber: 2.8  Protein: 2.3  Weight Watchers: 4 Points +




Linked to: Full Plate Thursday -

2 comments:

  1. This looks easy, and yummy!! We love apples in our house, so this is perfect!! Just pinned it! I am a new follower, I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime:)

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I'm heading over to visit now. ;)

      Delete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...