Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sweet and Savory Green Beans


If you've ever made green bean bundles you know what a pain they are, but you also know how amazing they taste.  It's one of those things you love to eat at someone else's house, but you don't want to spend the time to make for yourself.  Maybe I'm the only one...

These sweet and savory green beans are the perfect solution.  You get all of the flavors with half of the work.  I served these for Thanksgiving and they were amazing!  You will rarely hear me calling a member of the bean family amazing, but these really were!

I found the recipe on Pinterest.  I know, shocking  It let me to  Nancy Creative.  Her beans look wonderful, but I did tweak them a bit to lower the calorie content. 

I hope you'll give them a try and enjoy them as much as we did!

Recipe
Adapted from Nancy Creative
4 or 5 (15 oz) cans cut green beans, drained
8 slices thick cut bacon, cut up
1/3 c brown sugar
1/4 c light butter
7 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
  1. Fry diced slices of bacon until about half way done.  Drain on paper towels.  (It's easier to cut them up first, in my opinion.)
  2. While bacon is frying, melt butter and brown sugar together.  Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper.  
  3. Dump green beans into a 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle with bacon and then pour butter mixture over the beans.  Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.  Stir and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...