Monday, April 25, 2011

Caramel Puff Corn- A Bowl Full of Heaven!

If you're a lover of sweet and salty snacks, you will fall in serious, mind blowing love with this treat.  My husband's grandmother introduced it to us over the weekend and it was one of those things that had disappeared before you could go back for a second handful.  Luckily for us, she made a second batch.  ;)

The key to this recipe is finding the puffed (hulless) corn.  It's like a cheeto without the cheese and shaped to resemble popcorn.  I believe the brand that we have in our area is Chester's and it's about t $2 a bag- super cheap.  Actually, you'll probably want to get 2 bags because you won't want to share the first one.   Yeah, it's that good. 

I'll confess that I haven't made this yet.  However, I totally intend to create a batch of this guilty pleasure by the week's end.  I'll update then if I come across any helpful tips.

Recipe
1 stick butter or margarine (don't use the light stuff)
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c light corn syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 bag puffed (hulless) corn like Chesters
  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
  2. Boil butter, sugar and corn syrup for 5 minutes.  Stir occasionally. 
  3. Add baking soda and pour over puffed corn.  Toss to coat.
  4. Pour mixture onto baking sheet and bake for one hour.
  5. When cool, store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...