Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cinnamon Pecan Oatmeal Waffles

I first shared my Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal and Pecan Waffle recipe nearly a year ago.  The hubs and the kiddo love their morning chocolate fix so this was a big hit at our house.  It's like having a big chocolate chip cookie for breakfast. 

The thing I love about this recipe is how filling it is.  I'm usually ready for my second breakfast (coffee and fruit) about 2 hours after the first one, but this recipe really keeps me satisfied all morning long due to the addition of oatmeal.

Although my family prefers chocolate to just about anything, this momma loves cinnamon.  Every so often I have the overwhelming urge to break out my stash of cinnamon chips.  If you've never had cinnamon chips, you are really missing out.  They make my little world a happier place. 

Anyhoo, after burning 2 batches of frozen waffles yesterday morning, the kiddo was still begging for "wackles" so we experimented with this cinnamon version.  (Unbeknownst to me, my toaster had been sabotaged by 2 year old who loves to play with knobs.)  The cinnamon waffles were even better than the chocolate ones, in my opinion.  The kiddo ate an entire waffle.  We won't go into how much mommy ate.  ;) 

I put the batter we didn't use in the fridge to make fresh waffles again the next day.  If you're making the Belgium waffles, you'll get 5-6 waffles out of this recipe so you may want to double the recipe.  Seriously, these are amazing.  Double the recipe.

Recipe
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
1 c quick-cooking rolled oats
1Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 c milk
6 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3- 1/2 c cinnamon chips
1/3 c chopped pecans
  1. Heat waffle iron.
  2. In a large bowl combine flours, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Set aside.  In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter, brown sugar and vanilla.  Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined.  Fold in cinnamon chips and pecans.
  3. Spread onto waffle iron with spatula.  Cook according to your waffle iron's manufacturer's directions.
Source: Adapted from Allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...