Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Quick and Easy Pizza Bites



I'm not a huge appetizer gal.  Personally, I'd rather skip the appetizers and have a bigger steak, which might explain these extra 10 pounds that won't got away...  When we get together with friends, finger foods are often on the menu so I've been working on coming up with new ideas.  The hubs' only requirement is meat and I'm happy to oblige.

Pinterest led me to a great recipe from Plain Chicken.  I love this blog by the way.  She has great recipes for real food without a lot of crazy ingredients.

I like to call these guys Pizza Bites because that's basically what they are- a tasty little bite of pizza.  You take a simple batter, add whatever pizza ingredients you like, bake until golden and serve them with marinara sauce.  These were so quick and easy to make that they will probably become a regular, go to recipe for me. 

We tried the original pepperoni and sausage version as well as a ham and cheddar one.  We liked them both and will probably try more combos to serve up during the next game night.

Recipe
Adapted from: Plain Chicken
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup 1% milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
2 oz low fat cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
2 oz turkey pepperoni, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
4 oz turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled (I used precooked sausage crumbles.)
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and garlic powder.  Add milk and egg and mix well.  Stir in remaining ingredients.
  3. Place a spoonful of mixture into each and bake 22-25 minutes or until golden.  Serve with marinara sauce.
Linked to:  Gooseberry Patch -



1 comment:

  1. I love savoury treats like this. Have a great week.

    PS I know you have been really busy but it would be great if you followed Carole's Chatter back.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...