Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix - Yes Please!


If you've read much on this blog, you've may have noticed that I have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with Hershey's Cinnamon Chips... Much to the hub's horror, I'd easily substitute these in just about anything that calls for chocolate chips.

(For my local friends- you can find cinnamon chips at Super 1.)

Anyway, I found this Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix recipe from Just Another Day in Paradise and  I knew I had to try them. They took nearly 2 bags of cinnamon chips and most of the bag of rice Chex.  Toasted pecan pieces would be a great addition to these too.

These would be an amazing snack to nosh on around the campfire or serve at tailgate party.  You could also share the calories love by bagging it up and giving it away as gifts. 

Recipe
from Just Another Day in Paradise
9 c Rice Chex (I used generic.)
3 c cinnamon chips
1/2 c or more powdered sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  1. Place Rice Chex in a large bowl.  In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon.  I ended up adding more powdered sugar in the end.
  2. In a medium bowl melt the chips in the microwave according to package directions.  Pour over Chex and gently toss to coat. 
  3. Sprinkle with half of sugar mixture.  Toss again and pour out onto cookie sheet.  Stir in remaining sugar mixture until pieces are pretty well coated.  You may need to add more powdered sugar.
  4. Cool and store in air tight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I treasure each one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...